As you get older, your brain can naturally decline in function, including memory, critical thinking, and mental clarity. However, many dietary supplements can be beneficial, providing optimal, targeted support for cognitive function. Do you want to know how to keep your brain healthy? Take a look at some of the top supplements we recommend from our online health and wellness shop:
Curcumin is one of the active ingredients found in turmeric, a potent spice used as a medicinal herb for years. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant that can help reduce age-related diseases and decline in cognitive function. Here are some things you should know about the Ultimate Curcumin supplement:
- A researched form of turmeric extract that delivers bioavailable, pure ingredients for the best absorption and results
- Strong antioxidant properties for protecting cells
- Supports brain and neurological health as well as improved mood
Phosphatidylserine (formerly Iso-Phos) is another excellent supplement for a healthy brain. Phosphatidylserine, or PS for short, is a type of fat that exists in your brain cell membranes and is responsible for protecting and supporting the transmission of messages in the brain. Your memory and brain function are directly affected by PS, and the aging brain can benefit from this type of supplement.
3. Brain Reset
If you’re dealing with brain fog and are looking for a boost in mental clarity and concentration, then you should try the Pure Encapsulations Brain Reset supplement. It contains vegan ingredients and several herbal extracts such as lion’s mane mushroom extract, bacopa extract, luteolin, and a unique ginkgo-phosphatidylserine sunflower phytosome complex. This blend is backed by science to support optimal brain health and function.
4. B Vitamins
The B vitamins play a very important role in brain health. You may even hear the phrase “B is for Brain” when referring to this group of vital nutrients. Our B Complex supplement provides a comprehensive blend of the essential B vitamins such as B2, B6, B12, thiamine, riboflavin, folate, and niacin for overall neurological and cognitive function and mood support.
Memoractiv is a Thorne supplement that is beneficial for both younger and older adults looking for brain health benefits such as improved concentration, motivation, and focus. Read more about some of its key ingredients:
- Ashwagandha (KSM-66®)– the most researched form of ashwagandha extract available that benefits memory, attention, and stress response
- Ginkgo Phytosome (Virtiva®)– another clinically proven extract that optimizes memory and reaction time
- Lutein (Lutemax® 2020)– a compound derived from marigold extract that protects eyes from blue light, decreases eye fatigue, and improves sleep quality.
- Pterostilbene/Caffeine (PurEnergy™)– a sustained-release compound that supports alertness, enhances a sense of well-being, and encourages concentration
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine– an amino acid responsible for neurological function and also protects the brain from oxidative damage
- Bacopa Extract– an extract used for centuries for brain and mood support that helps to reduce anxiety and balance cortisol levels
Magnesium is another important nutrient for keeping your brain healthy. Pure Encapsulations CogniMag supports both long and short-term memory, learning skills, and cognitive function with concentrated magnesium and a blend of polyphenols, compounds that protect cells and tissues from inflammation and oxidative stress.
The Thorne SynaQuell powder supplement contains several key nutrients for your brain, such as BHB ketones, DHA, CoQ10, NR, and BCAAs. These ingredients protect your brain cells from damage, support memory and learning, improve blood flow in the brain, and other long-term benefits.
Now you know how to keep your brain healthy with this list of top supplements! We are always happy to help answer your questions about our supplements, as well as discuss which options might be the best fit. Want to learn more about what we offer our community? Check out some of the exceptional services at our Clarksville pharmacy.